Started out my morning skyping with my Grandpa and Aunt Judy. It was good to see them both. :)
I met Jacob for lunch and we had BBQ. It was delicious and we also got kimchi jjigae as our side. I've been craving kimchi jjigae for at least a week now. After lunch, I came home and made cookies. I did about half of my batter because the dough was getting harder and harder to work with. There is a fair amount of butter in it and it was getting too sticky. I also was running out of time. I made the cream cheese frosting and it turned out quite delicious. I had bought some powder to color the frosting with and it didn't really turn out; only the pink color showed up on the frosting. The blue and yellow didn't work.
I cleaned up and dressed up for the InKAS party. I went to Hongdae early to meet Jacob and one of his friends from a language program he did over the summer. We chatted and I shared some cookies with them.
We walked to the Marigold Hotel with the dinner was. We checked in and waited for the event to begin. They started with a performance on the gayakum (a traditional Korean instrument) and then a guy sang opera style to some Christmas songs. They gave awards to some members and volunteers. Finally a pastor said the blessing. I was really touched and moved by the blessing he gave. Then it was time to eat! It was pretty good. I sat with Jacob and Melissa, another mentor, and her husband Matt. We also sat with Melissa's mentee and another mentee.
 |
| What to eat first? |
 |
| Christmas Cookies about to happen! |
 |
| Christmas cookies!! |
 |
| Gayakum Performance |
 |
| InKAS Christmas Party |
 |
| Plate one! |
 |
| Desserts were sooo good! |
I was happy to see your cookies. The photo brought back good memories of baking with you at Christmas time. It also inspired me to make some cut out cookies for our new neighbors to celebrate the completion of their challenging roofing project.
ReplyDelete