Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Easy Tuesday

I was so tired this morning, for the first time in a long time, I was woken up by my alarm. It was raining today and I was a little concerned because my 6th graders were going on a field trip and with the rain I wasn't sure if it was going to be cancelled or not. The 5th graders were supposed to go on a field trip today too, but theirs was called off yesterday. I had done my lesson planning so, I was prepared in case they were still there, but I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary. My co-teacher hadn't arrived by 8:50 (when we usually head to the English room) so I was getting nervous--when she finally arrived I went to go ask her and she told me they were still going. Whew. I worked ahead on some lesson plans for my 5th graders and also did some online training for my EPIK program (the group I'm hired through).

After school I took a little breather and then headed to Hongdae to meet Jacob for dinner. I stopped in a shoe store in the subway and was tempted to buy some shoes...but resisted. For now. I met Jacob and we went to a Greek restaurant. It was pretty good. I had a chicken gyro. When we left the chef started talking to us (in Korean) and asked us where we were from. When we said "American" he asked us "but you're Korean people right?" He asked us what part of America and when I said Michigan he asked me if I went the U of M. I said, no, but my older brother did/is. Then he points to Jacob and asks me if Jacob is my older brother! Jacob is 23 so he told him, "she's my nuna" (older sister) and the chef just looked at us like we were crazy. We left the restaurant and went to a coffee shop and got iced tea. We sat and talked for a long time.
Picture courtesy of Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy You sound like me trying to confuse the restaurant man. Have a good week. Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete