Today was another day of Heads up 7 up. I heard several times students say "that was fun", but in Korean--after we were done. So that's a good thing! After my 4 classes, and lunch (which I found out Wednesdays are "special" day--they make something other than Korean food--so lunch was curry today) I had about 30 minutes before we left for the teachers field trip.
We were going to Yangpyeong to a museum/site of a famous author. On the way, I started to feel a little bit motion sick, but thought it would go away. I napped a little bit before we got there too. Then...I woke up a little before we arrived and felt worse. We finally made it and I was afraid if I stood up I would throw up. I had told my life co-teacher that I was feeling a little sick. I finally got off the bus and she and some of the other teachers asked if I was okay. I wanted to find the bathroom. I got to the bathroom and did throw up. Part of me was thinking I was motion sick, but then I also remembered in August when I got sick it was after I ate curry too. So...I guess I'm going to stay away from curry in the future, especially if I'm going to be on a bus or have cramps. I felt mostly better afterwards, but I stayed pretty low key.
The author wrote a story about this boy and girl that fall in love and in the area they are, there are sudden rain falls, in the story, they run into a straw hut to get out of the rain. But, the girl gets sick from being in the rain and dies. Tragic. So, there is an area at the museum/park/area that has "sudden rain showers" and we got to see the showers. We also walked around-it was actually pretty warm and had a beautiful view of mountains and fall colors (much more brown than the bright colors we have in the US). Then we were off to dinner. It was interesting. Almost all the dishes featured lotus flower roots/anything from the lotus flower. Didn't help a mildly upset stomach having something unusual and different. I felt a little sick on the ride home too and tried to sleep most of the way.
I got home and did some laundry. Even though it's still pretty early, I'm just feeling drained and ready for bed.
 |
| The huts |
 |
| Sudden rain showers |
 |
| All the teachers watching from a safe distance after running away from the initial sudden shower |
 |
| Some of the more colorful trees |
 |
| Another view |
 |
| A view of the mountains coming home |
Hi Amy Hope you never see curry again. Your pictures were very good.Love Grandpa
ReplyDelete