Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Back to Work Time"

In the words of my "mean old Grandpy" today was "back to work time". :)

The kids were soooo unresponsive. I would have thought they would be refreshed after their 7 day vacation... Or maybe they forgot all the English they've learned. Anyway, asking a few of the classes questions was like pulling teeth! The last class today participated the most.

After teaching, I spent the rest of the time working on lesson plans for next week. It was tough for me to get back into the rhythm of lesson planning and I didn't accomplish much. I wrote 1 and 1/2 of 3 lessons...

I returned home and took a little break. Then it was off to the SMOE (Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education) dinner near Itaewon, which is the international area. We met at a restaurant/pub place. There were probably a good 30 other English teachers there. I knew a small handful of people/recognized faces from my orientation. However, I mostly mingled with the teachers I already knew. I ordered "Smoked Queso" and was very disappointed by the food I got. There was a basket of tortilla chips, that were actually pretty tasty, but the queso part left much to be desired. It seemed like a watery version of Velveeta (it was in a plastic cup that looked like it was frozen cheese dip) with a few small pieces of tomato on top, even though the description promised "onions and pico de gallo". So sad. Krystle and I left a little bit early and even now I'm surprised at how late it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment