After school, I took the long way back, just to check out more of the neighborhood and see what other restaurants are around. I saw a kimbap shop that looked a little bit nicer than the one I got kimbap from yesterday. I also stopped at the "organic" store across from my apartment that my co-teacher pointed out to me 2 weeks ago (have I really already lived here 2 weeks?! Seems so long and so fast at the same time!).
I went to the kimbap store I saw for dinner--I had been craving ramen since yesterday. While I was waiting I sent a message to one of the guys I knew from soccer yesterday and asked about paying because I left early. He told me no one collected money, so we'll all owe when the guys in charge come back. His name ins Kwang Min and he is a native Korean. I forget how he became associated with our soccer group/GOA'L but he's almost always around--he didn't play in our tournament last month, but did attend and helped buy water and stuff for us. Anyway, Kwang Min lives in Hongdae and he invited me to have dinner with him on Wednesday. I told him I can practice my Korean with him. His English is already pretty good because he lived in Canada for a few years.
My next order of business was groceries. I went to Emart and got 5 Korean peaches, a very expensive bell pepper, some mushrooms and a little bit of meat. There are some meats that are pre-marinated or mixed with vegetables, kind of like what you could get at the meat counter/deli part in a grocery store in the US. So I tried to explain to the guy how much I wanted and I noticed he gave me a reallllly big scoop! I told him "no, just a little" in Korean. Tomorrow, I'm hoping that I can make dinner-chop up lots of the vegetables with a little bit of meat and some rice!
Yesterday I saw some of the EPIK teachers talking about a "Color me Rad" 5k race. I looked into it a little and decided I would join them. It's similar to the "Color Run"; I've never done one, but many of my friends have in the US. It's on Saturday morning and I'm pretty excited.
This is the US website giving information about "Color me Rad"
http://www.colormerad.com/
| My groceries |
No comments:
Post a Comment