Most of the other teachers in my office checked out starting around 2:30 or 3, once they were finished teaching. My co-teachers and one other teacher basically all stayed until 4:30-4:40. So, I also stayed. I stopped at the post office (which thankfully stays open until 6pm and is just around the corner) to mail some letters.
I left to meet some other EPIK teachers for a girls dinner. I wore my gold sandals that are already on their last little legs and while I was walking to the subway the straps on the right foot just gave out. I might need to invest in some superglue and try to fix them (though the glue doesn't always hold-obviously since the strap came undone again...). I ended up tying the ends together and the sandal stayed on my foot. I thought because of this fiasco I would be late, but I actually still managed to arrive with about 2 minutes to spare. Kim and Kelly were already there and then we waited about 15 minutes from Gabby and Krystle to arrive. We had a little difficulty finding a place to eat; Krystle is vegetarian and Kim has celiac (gluten free). I ended up finding a bbq buffet that also had a lot of sides so that Krystle had enough to eat too.
After dinner, the girls wanted to go to the Puppy Cafe (a dog themed cafe with dogs hanging out in the cafe; this is quite common to have themed cafes such as these; there are numerous cat cafes, a few other dog cafes and even a sheep cafe!) which was at Hapjeong, the next station over. I was debating whether I was up to going or not and decided I would pass even though I could use some puppy loving. I wanted to do a little packing and cleaning before my trip. Turns out I made the right decision because I was able to skype with my mom for a bit.
| Kelly, Krystle and Kim |
No comments:
Post a Comment