Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cooked My Dinner

Today was one of my longer teaching days-5 classes (5 hours --> it actually equals 5, 40 minute classes, but they say 5). The work day was rather uneventful. As it was time to leave, I noticed that it was raining. I was glad that I got an extra umbrella from Ginger, so I had one at work and one at home. I was able to use this as my spare/emergency one. My 5th grade co-teacher and I shared it to the front gate, where her mom was waiting for her with her own umbrella.

I had thought about going to a little market near the subway station to get an onion and some other vegetables but it was raining so hard I didn't want to walk all the way there. I stopped at the little 'organic' store next to my place, but they only had bags of 5 (already peeled) onions and I didn't need that many or want them unpeeled. (So, I felt bad because this is the second time I've gone to the store, looked at merchandise and put it back...the store lady asked me in Korean if I was Korean, and I told her, "yes, but I can't speak Korean".

I returned to my place to make a grocery list and decided I would just go to the Emart to grab whatever I needed. As usual, I spent way more time there than I thought I would. I got some things to cook dinner and a few other odds and ends.

After shopping, I dove into cooking. It was fun to be chopping and cooking again. The only drawback is that I have one burner and no oven. I'm debating getting a little toaster oven so I can bake things in there. I need to do a little bit of shopping around-might even order something online too. First I fried some mandu (dumplings). Then I chopped my mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. I sauteed those and set them aside. I cooked the meat and added some "marinade" sauce to it while it was cooking. Once the meat was finished cooking, I put the vegetables back in and, voila! Dinner is served. I had microwavable rice and had that with the meal.

The rest of the evening I just relaxed and now I'm ready for bed, nice and early. Which makes me really happy because the last few nights I've been staying up much later than I've wanted.
Veggies cooking!
Meat and sauce
Finished product!
The peaches I bought yesterday; one very kissed by the sun peach

No comments:

Post a Comment