Today was rather uneventful. I taught 5 classes and finished meeting all of my 6th graders. One class asked me a question about North Korea, so I promised them I would show them pictures from when I went to the DMZ last year. The 6th graders have a bit of attitude and some of them are so disinterested in English; though I'm sure the disinterest stems from not understanding, so I'm really trying my best to talk simply, clearly and slowly for them to understand me.
After school I returned home with a delivery package waiting for me! My boxes that I ordered at Bohye's house had arrived! A group of EPIK teachers were meeting in Hongdae to go to the Hello Kitty Cafe around 6pm. I was debating whether I should go or not. I was working hard on my boxes and really wanted to complete them. Finally I decided I would go join and made it just about on time, even though I thought I would be late. We walked to the cafe and some people ordered drinks. I realized how hungry I was, so my friend Krystle and another young woman, Kelly and I left to go get dinner. I know the Hongdae area pretty well, so I asked them what they wanted and they both agreed anything American. So, I took them to a pasta restaurant I had seen and once peeked at the menu. They were both very happy to have pasta. We sat and chatted for a long time. It was refreshing to hear other experiences.
We parted ways and I finished my boxes when I got home before I went to bed.
 |
| Working on putting my boxes together! |
 |
| Krystle and me at the Hello Kitty Cafe |
.JPG) |
| Completed boxes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment