Classes went alright. My 5th graders are learning about physical appearances, so I tried to find a song to use that used descriptions. I chose Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight". Well, it didn't go over so well... Note to self, 5th graders don't really dig Frank. I did the Beatles last time so I thought I could stretch it a little and try Frank. Guess I can't go back that far. My co teacher also told me they said the song was a difficult, but she said it wasn't.
The previous evening I got a message from my roommate from orientation and she told me that she was going to be turning in her 30 day notice for resignation! I was so surprised! She also asked me to meet her on Thursday so she could talk with me and get a hug. I told her I already had plans at 6:30 but if I left school right away I would be able to meet her for an hour before I met my other friend. She agreed and we set up plans. So, after school I walked with my co teacher to a bus stop (she was also going somewhere) and took a bus City Hall area. While en route I asked her to let me know when she got close so we could find each other easily. Well. She sent me a message saying that she was having coffee with her co teacher and couldn't meet me. I was a little taken aback because I was making time for her because she wanted to meet me and didn't notify me she had changed her plans. So I arrived to City Hall area an hour before I was to meet Min Kyung. But, it was okay because I went to Cheonggyecheon and sat by the stream. It's really cooled off in the last few days. Tuesday it was raining and since then the temperature has dropped.
Min Kyung and I met by her work and we took a bus to get to Gwangjang Market. There, we went for "drug kimbap". It's called "drug kimbap" because it's so good that people get addicted to it like a drug. Well, it was good, but I don't know if I would say it was THAT good! I actually went to Gwangjang Market by myself last year while I was at Kyunghee University. But, it was fun going with someone this time. We were going to walk around a little more because I saw they had blankets/sleeping pads (and I'm in the market for one so when 1. when I have guests they can sleep somewhere and 2. I have an extra blanket when it gets cold). But, Min Kyung wasn't feeling great so she asked if we could get some cheon (fried 'pancake') and a mung bean pancake to take back to her place instead. So we ordered our food and took a bus to her home in Itaewon area. Actually, she lives right near the place I was at last night with the SMOE dinner!
We ate, talked and watched tv. Her husband, Chris, was on a vacation in Busan--so it was still just a girls night. She was kind enough (typical Korean) to walk me to the subway station. On the way, we passed a lady walking her dog. He was so cute! He was a little bit smaller than my Toby and black with some white patches. We asked if he was friendly and they lady said I could pet him. So I gave him some love and he just leaned into me. Ahhh! It was so wonderful petting a dog again. :)
 |
| Waiting by Cheonggyecheon and seeing the sun set |
 |
| Cheonggyecheon! |
 |
| Kimbap--mmm |
 |
| Food vendors |
 |
| More--that's pig ankles.... |
 |
| This is the ajuma we bought our food from |
No comments:
Post a Comment