It was easy knowing that it's only a 2 day work week. Wednesday starts the 3 day holiday, Chuseok. It's the biggest holiday in Korea. It's kind of like a Korean Thanksgiving, but much more important to them (fall harvest, thankfulness, ancestors etc). There was another teachers meeting towards the end of the day. After school I walked home with the 5th grade co-teacher (In Sook/Kelly) since she and I live very close now.
Around 5:45 I left to take a bus into central Seoul. It took a little bit longer than I expected because it was a workday I think. I met my friend Min Kyung for dinner.We went to a restaurant that had "soft tofu stew". I went here with some adoptees way back in August (near Lotte Hotel). After dinner we went to Myeongdong for coffee. We did a quick shopping trip to see if I could find some kind of luggage strap to use for my duffel bag. Min Kyung (MK) also gave me a lot of ideas about things to see, do and eat while I am in Taiwan. She was just there a week or two ago with her mom and sister. It was good seeing MK again. I couldn't believe so much time had passed since I'd seen her last--it was before my orientation, while I was staying at the adoptee guesthouse, KoRoot!
We parted ways and we both took buses home. I took a different bus/bus route back and made it safe and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment