Today's goal was to visit Sung Min (Ji) and go to the bank with him. Well, I woke up and it was raining. Then, I received a message from Sung Min. He told me he tried to go outside on his crutches and almost slipped so that we wouldn't be meeting at a subway station 2 stops away from his hospital. I was worried about him going outside at all so I told him we could scratch the trip to the bank.
As I traveled to visit him I was messaging Kwang Min and told him about how I had to figure out going to the bank and he offered to leave work a little early and go to the bank with me! I was so grateful! I arrived at the hospital and talked with Sung Min a little. It stopped raining so he decided it would be okay to walk to the corner and get lunch as take out. We picked a 죽 (Juk--rice porridge) restaurant and brought it back. Afterwards, I noticed how nice the containers were, so I rinsed mine out to bring back to use again as storage. Then I went to physical therapy with him. He's doing much better but I still think he pushes himself too much-always trying to hop around on one leg and stuff.
I left after the therapy to meet Kwang Min in Yeoido, where he works. Yeoido is an "island" and is along the Han River. The famous 63 Building is there--the tallest building in Korea. Or it had been, now there is a new one, also on Yeoido. Anyway, Kwang Min met me at the subway and we walked to the bank which is actually in the same building as his office. It took about an hour to get my online banking all set up and straightened out. We went to Starbucks for coffee and I treated him--today was PAYDAY! And he helped me a lot so I owed him! We took the subway back to Hongdae area and went to a popular kimbap restaurant for dinner. After dinner, he walked me to Hapjeong subway station and he went to his ukulele lesson. I returned home and have been mentally preparing to resume teaching tomorrow! I almost feel like I've had more days off than teaching!
Dear Amy It is back to work time.Your mean old grandpappy. Love
ReplyDeleteHi, Amy, 1. It's nice that you feel as if you've had more free time than work time. 2. It's good that you advised Sung Min NOT to take the risk of falling with crutches on wet pavement even though that left you temporarily without a guide to the bank. Love, Aunt Ruth and Mike.
Delete