Sunday, September 15, 2013

Long Day

Like I mentioned before, Friday's are my long day, but they don't actually seem that bad. The bad part is that I have 2 different lessons to teach--the good part is...I have 2 different lessons to teach. It's hard to do 2 different lessons because once I'm in the rhythm of a lesson it's pretty easy to run through the 40 minutes. The good part is that it breaks the day up and I'm not doing the same thing 6 times--keeps it interesting.

After school, my 3 co-teachers and I went to dinner. They picked an Italian restaurant near the school. I ordered a lasagna, but it was nothing like a true lasagna. I'm not even sure the noodles were really even pasta and there was hardly anything in between the layers, though vegetables and sauce and the best part-melted mozzarella cheese on top.

When we finished eating we went to E-mart so they could buy me a few things as a 'housewarming' gift. I helped pick out a few things I needed, like a wooden spoon, some big mixing bowls and rice. We also got some juice and plastic cups so we could have drinks back at my place. I showed them my room and we sat on the floor and chatted for a little. I showed them the pictures I brought from home and my Korean textbooks/notebooks I brought to study from. They left around 7.

I heard from my friend Kwang Min and he invited me to Hongdae area. Since it's my Grandpa's birthday, I had made plans to skype with him and my mom at 11:30pm. I told him it would be easier to meet around my area if possible. So, he came up and we went to Cafe Bene and had tea and chatted.

I was so happy to see my Grandpa and wish him a happy birthday. We chatted for about 45 minutes. I really wish I could have been in town for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment