Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursdays are one of the best days of the week

Thursdays are probably my favorite day of the week. I love my 5th graders and it is easy to work with my co-teacher.

Again, nothing too exciting at work. The responses from the open-ended questions I got back from my 5th graders weren't quite as entertaining as what the 6th graders came up with. Most were along the lines of "welcome" or "please take care of us". It's hard to tell if the 5th graders are 'smarter' than the 6th graders or they are just more willing to participate and try speaking. The classes with them seem to go by so much quicker because they are talking so much and we are moving through material rapidly (where as 6th grade is like pulling teeeeth to get more than the same 2 students to raise their hands and participate).

My 5th grade co-teacher recently moved to a short-term place closer to where I live but a bit further from the school than where she used to live. So she and I walked back together. I had one of my peaches and it was actually much more "American" like than some of the other peaches I've had here, so that was really nice. I also heated up my leftovers from Tuesday. Around 6:30 I set off to meet Krystle. However, she got confused and told me to meet at 7...she really meant 7:30. I arrived at our meeting place and had to wait 30 minutes for her. In the moment, I was kind of upset, but then I figured there's nothing I can do about it, so I let it go. We went to the Paris Baguette we met at last week and tried to work out what we are going to see and how to get from the airport to our hotel. I forgot how much work it is to plan a trip when you know nothing about where you're going!

2 comments:

  1. Greet to be able to visit with you on my birthday!
    Love,
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete