I got to school and was one of the first ones back. Said hellos and pleasantries to the teachers as they all trickled in. My life COT came up to me and told me that I was to be helping with some interviews for an English teacher (native Korean) later in the afternoon and I needed to think up a few questions! Then she gave me their lesson plans to evaluate. I did that and worked on some other plans. Then my life COT told me to go to lunch with her and some other teachers. All the teachers were leaving the school to go for lunch. I believe the students had just a half day, but we needed to be there til 4:40.
Anyway, we went to an Italian place across from school. I ordered a cream pasta with bacon and broccoli in a bread bowl. Talk about carbs! But, it was pretty good. After lunch, we went back to school. I think we had a long lunch break because 2 of the other teachers that went to lunch with us said they were running to the bank and most teachers didn't return for awhile after I did. At 2, I went to the interviews. It was strange to be on the other side! The first teacher seemed really sweet, but extremely nervous. I liked her answers at the end (the questions I asked). The second one seemed very confident and had good materials and a good demo lesson, but I didn't like her attitude much. After the candidates left, we talked and they asked for my opinion on pronunciation and such. I felt a lot of pressure; it was hard for me to realize my input could change these women's futures. I tried to be as nice to both as I could.
I was dismissed and went back to lesson planning, because tomorrow is back to a regular teaching day. The best thing is that it's only a 3 day week (Thursday and Friday are part of the New Year's holiday) and since today was a relaxed day, I only teach twice. It'll be a hard wake up call tomorrow though. Back to giant class sizes and tons of students. Winter camp was so wonderful....
After school I started laundry and then went to Emart to get some groceries. I got a lot of heavy items and wasn't going to be able to carry them back properly...so I turned super Korean and used the cardboard boxes they have and made up a box to pack my groceries. I took them home and then went to get some vegetables from a smaller store. After getting the veggies I did some cleaning (mold has appeared on one wall and on the window sill) and unpacking. I made ramen (and added carrots, onion and mushrooms plus egg and cheese. Oh and mandu too!) for dinner and watched tv.
| Groceries in a box |
No comments:
Post a Comment