In the morning I got to skype with my Grandpa. I was so happy because it's been almost a month since we talked I think. We chatted for about an hour. Jacob and I met in Itaewon for lunch. We figured a lot of places would be open there because it's the international area and more restaurant owners wouldn't be Korean and off celebrating the New Year. I'd heard about this place called JR Southern BBQ, so we thought we'd try it out. We both ordered the pulled beef brisket sandwich. I thought it was pretty good, but Jacob was really happy, being a Southern boy and said it was like home. I wanted to find a cafe or dessert place so we wandered around and found all the places on the list closed for the holiday. What to do next? We walked the the War Memorial Museum. I've been there a few times, but Jacob has never been.
After the museum we came back to my place and got a few groceries (broccoli) and I made dinner. I made my favorite stuffed meatballs. I used the stuffing mix Jacob brought from the US and the cream of mushroom soup my mom sent me. It was
almost as good as usual, but I had to use soy milk instead of regular milk and it gave the sauce a little bit of a sweeter taste. I also had to buy some ground pork because the biggest package of ground beef was only less that 3/4 of a pound and was 13,000W!! We also made broccoli for our veggies. Jacob loves broccoli and we almost ate 2 heads of broccoli with dinner. When we finished eating Jacob did the dishes and then we watched The Office.
 |
| Southern BBQ for lunch |
 |
| Inside the museum |
 |
| Making my magic |
 |
| Prepping |
 |
| Cooked meatballs |
 |
| Complete meal! |
No comments:
Post a Comment