Sunday, January 26, 2014

Malaysia Day 9 Return Trip

We got up early and ate breakfast in our room. The night we met Prof Cho we went to a grocery store and got yogurt, fruit and cereal. Then we went to check out and get a taxi to KL Sentral to get the KLIA express to the airport. We arrived ahead of schedule and checked in at the airport. We tried asking about our flight stopping in Taipei like the one coming, but they didn't really understand us. Again, we had to wait outside the gate area until it was closer time to board and our bags were screened again. We sat in the gate area and watched as our boarding time came and went. I think we finally boarded maybe 30 minutes behind schedule. I forgot when we picked our seats we were able to get ones at the beginning of a section so we had a lot of leg room, but our trays were the pullout kind from the arm and were not very sturdy. When we were served food, I was afraid my tray was going to slide off (since it was on a slant). Jacob and I watched a movie together (he read the subtitles and I had the headphones) for the flight.

Because our take-off was a little delayed, we didn't have much time on our layover in Hong Kong. The previous time at the transfer there was no one else there and we got through in maybe 3-5 minutes. This time, there was quite a line. It still went rather quickly, but I was getting nervous about our timing and after maybe 25 we power walked to our gate. We found a bathroom to change into pants and our warm clothes and then it was time to board. Unfortunately, our plane did stop in Taipei. We asked the stewardess what happened in Taipei and she said we had the option to stay on or get out and go through security again. Jacob and I both thought just staying on was best. I took that time to take a nap. Finally, finally, around 8:30pm we landed in Seoul. We took the shuttle to the main part of the airport, went through immigration, took the airport railway, went our separate ways; I took the bus from the subway station and arrived at home. The first thing I did was take a long hot shower and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment