Sunday, January 5, 2014

Soccer with Soo Bok

I woke up kind of early and went into one of the warmer rooms for a little. Then I went to the hot tubs again. After, I weighed myself and I have lost a few pounds since I've been here, which was surprising to me. I got ready and then found the bus and went to the train station. I was a little bit early (finally) so I gave Jacob a call and waited down by the tracks. Well, I looked at my phone and it was 10:55 (my train left at 11) and I was wondering why the train wasn't there or other people, but didn't think too much of it. Then some person from the train station started talking to me and told me to leave the area basically. I couldn't really understand him. That's when I started to get concerned. I went upstairs and asked a cleaning lady where I was supposed to go. She said "juuuuuuk" which means "over there", but the longer the "uuuuu" sound the further it is. It sounded like a lot of "uuu"s to me. So I sprinted across the station and another railroad official directed me down to the right tracks (must have figured the only reason I was running like crazy through the station was because I needed THAT train!) I also saw him walkie-talkie-ing and probably told them someone was coming and not to leave. I got on the train and had to walk through 5 cars to get to my seat, but I was on the train, thank goodness. Wow. Another eventful train story. Just when I had been telling Jacob on the phone, "I'm so proud of myself being at the train station early"...I had 30 minutes and couldn't find the right track!

I napped a bit on the train and arrived in Seoul. I took the airport railroad instead of the subway back to my place. Took a rest and settled and then off to soccer. Soo Bok, an adoptee from Italy is in Korea and this is the only time he'll get to play soccer while he's here. It was good seeing him again (not since the adoptee World Cup in August). We had a relatively small turn out; 8 in total. I made 4 goals, but I wasn't really happy with how I played. I felt slow and kind of blah. Anyway, the last 20 minutes were a lot of fun, we kind of just goofed off as we were playing. Afterwards, Soo Bok's wife, Lara met us in the subway and we went to Sinchon for dinner. It was just the three of us; they are vegetarian so I told them we could go anywhere for dinner (usually we go to an all you can eat bbq buffet and they just eat mushrooms, rice and soup) that I didn't mind. So we went to a vegetarian restaurant called "Loving Hut". Soo Bok was kind and paid for my dinner. Lara is 5 months pregnant; they are having a girl and her name is going to be "Hey-mee" but they were joking cause it sounds similar to "Amy" so Soo Bok said he kept calling my name a lot on the field because it sounded like his future daughter's name.
Entrance to spa
Busan Station
Vegetarian Kimchi Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment