The second day with the 3rd and 4th graders went well. There are 7 of them; 3 boys and 4 girls. They're enjoying the games that I prepared for them.
After school, my COT's and I went for lunch. My 5th grade COT suggested either shabu shabu or the Italian place near school. The other COT answered, "can't you think of anything better than pasta?" So, we ended up going to a Chinese restaurant that is halfway between my place and school. They actually are known for their seafood selection and most of the items on the menu were seafood. The COT's wanted jjambong (which is kind of like a spicy noodle soup with seafood in it) so...I had to order that and then pick out the seafood.
I met Jacob in Hapjeong again; we went to Homeplus so I could find a (late) Christmas present for Jaebin. I ended up getting him a nerf gun. Then we walked to Hongdae and wandered around. At 6 I went with him to meet his Korean friends from the language program he did in the summer. I went with them to the fried chicken restaurant and then around 6:30 I left to go meet Bora. She and I walked to the restaurant she and Min Kyung picked out. They wanted to eat "jok bal" which is "pigs feet", but before you get concerned, I didn't really eat the feet, feet part. It's the meat around the ankles I guess. It was okay, but I don't think I will go out of my way to eat it again. Jacob met up with us because Bora and MK wanted to see him and then we went to get ice cream. We went to a place called Natuur Pop; I had such a hard time picking the flavor I wanted. I ended up picking salted caramel. It was so good! After ice cream, we all went our separate ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment