Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thank yous and Good Food

Jacob and I were going to grab brunch in Hongdae, but we were both moving kind of slow, so we decided we'd call it an earlyish lunch instead. We went to a Mexican place called Grill5 and it was really good. It was so filling! After lunch we went to the Starbucks nearby to meet Eric and Katelyn from our mentoring program to help write thank you notes to all of our wonderful, generous donators. It was funny because we wrote the ones to the people we knew and then got a few others (since not everyone from our program could join to write) and so I wrote the letter for my Mom. At the end, we all signed all the letters and Eric glanced at the heading of mine, addressed, "Hi Mom" and he said at first glance he thought to himself, "Mom. Hmm, that's a strange name!"

After writing the notes, Jacob and I took off and walked around Hongdae and Sincheon. We were going to see a movie, but there weren't any tickets available. We went to a coffee shop and hung out for a bit there. We were trying to decide what to have for dinner and I remembered a French restaurant I went to with Amanda last year. The past few times I had walked by it, it didn't look open so I was kind of sad, but everything looked like it was still there (including the sign) so I thought we'd take a peak and see at least (it's on the 2nd floor so difficult to check when passing by). As it turned out, it was still in business! We ordered one dinner crepe and one dessert crepe. For dinner, we got a sausage crepe with fries and a salad. Dessert was banana with ice cream. It was delicious!
Yummy burrito!
Delicious Crepe!
Jacob and me at dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment