Thursday, January 16, 2014

Winter Camp Week 2 and Date

My COT was unable to finish the rest of winter camp because he had some other kind of training. I got a substitute COT. She doesn't speak much English; I think she knows a bit, but is kind of shy. Her desk is right across from mine in our office and her daughter is a 5th grade student. Anyway, it was really funny because yesterday I had given the extra snacks to a few students. One of the boys pulled out the hotdog bread that was in his bag and it was squished flat like a pancake. They all thought it was hilarious and were laughing their heads off for a few minutes after he showed us.

After school, I met Jacob in Hongdae and we went in search of somewhere to eat. We were going to eat bulgogi and then we thought maybe Mexican and then we ended up picking dak galbi (spicy chicken stir fry) with noodles. It was pretty good. Then we went back to Natuur Pop and I got the other flavor of ice cream I had been debating about on Tuesday. It was also very delicious. After ice cream we headed to City Hall area to go to the National Contemporary History Museum. This is now my 3rd visit there. We walked through and it was nice to have someone to enjoy a museum with-just to discuss/comment on different things we saw or noticed. We then walked to Insadong and wandered around Jongro a little. We were both still full from lunch so we went to a bookstore and sat and talked for a little. Then we went back through Insadong to go to the Italian restaurant we went to with our mentees' family a few weeks ago. We ordered a vegetable tomato soup, cesar salad, and the amazing lasagna. The soup was pretty good; sometimes I feel like Koreans can make anything with tomatoes a bit too sweet. This was a little sweet but not too sweet. The lasagna was as good as the last time. So delicious!

We took a walk around this area (I'm not quite sure the name of the neighborhood, maybe Bukcheon) and looked for a coffee shop. We found one that looked cute and check out the menu. It had brownies and ice cream. Jacob was sold. We ordered, ate and talked. When I got home and Jacob got to his guesthouse we went online and checked in for our flight and picked our seats out. It's hard to believe in 2 days we'll be in Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment