Today at camp, my COT had to leave a little bit early. The last period I was on my own with the students. It was a little bit difficult because of their low level of English, but we managed. I feel like our little "class" really bonded and the girls all really like me.
When school ended, I met Jacob and we went to Dragon Hill Spa in Ichon. I've seen the spa many times (it's near the other place we play soccer sometimes) and heard about it a lot as well. This was my first time here and my first jjimjilbang in Seoul. First we went to go eat. We both ordered cheese ramen. After lunch we went to some of the different sauna rooms. The best one was the salt rock one. Then we separated and soaked a little in some of the spa rooms on the designated men and women's floor. We met up and took off to I'PARK mall. I needed to grab some coffee as a gift for my Unni (older sister). I got the coffee and then we wandered around, checking out the restaurants in the mall.
Finally it was time to meet up with Hwa Sun and Jaebin. It was so good to see them again! The last time I saw them was in November. It wasn't as long as the last time since I had seen them, but pretty long! Sometimes it's hard to believe how quickly time can pass and even though I'm living in the same city (or country) as some of my friends, I don't see them as often as I would like to! We went to an upscale "bunshik" (Korean 'snack'/fast food) place. It was funny because we were trying to decide between School Food (the restaurant name) or an Italian place next to it; I asked Jaebin which one he'd rather have. He looked inside the Italian place and then said there are more people at School Food; it must have delicious food. We ordered 2 types of kimbap (one had the sesame seed leaf that I don't like. When Jaebin saw I was picking it out, he told me he can't eat it either; it makes him throw up!), ramen and a spicy chicken stew. After dinner, we went to Starbucks for coffee and chat. Hwa Sun was sweet and dropped us off at a subway station on line 6 so we didn't have to transfer at all.
 |
| One of my little cuties in my sunglasses during break time |
 |
| In the salt rock room |
 |
| Some strange things to lay on in the salt rock room |
No comments:
Post a Comment