I lazed about today. On one hand I felt bad because it was like a "free day" and a day of my vacation and I didn't really do anything, but on the other, it felt nice to not do anything.
In the late afternoon I finally got out of my place and headed to downtown area. I went to Myeongdong to walk around. I also found an underground "tunnel" from the Myeongdong area to the building where my Korean class is. This is pretty wonderful. This means if I'm in Myeongdong before class, I can take the underground "tunnel" (which is pretty long) and not have to walk outside. Lovely. I stopped at a food court in the "tunnel" and got a taco for dinner.
I went upstairs to go to the Korean class. I caused a bit of a disturbance for them because I took the placement test previously, not the most recent one (on the 27th of Dec) and they couldn't find my information at first. I also couldn't remember which name I signed up for~yes, I have two names I go by here, I guess. My English and Korean name. Apparently I signed up with my Korean name. Back to having to answer to "Jong Hee".
Class was okay, at first I was nervous, but I understood almost everything that happened in class. It's a bit on the low end for my level, but a little bit of review never hurt. It's also a free class too, so no harm in going over topics again. I was called on almost first to volunteer some information and did well, so my confidence level went up. There are about 15-20 students and one main teacher with 2 assistant teachers. We have name tags and it says what country we're from; some of the name tags I saw Canada, Taiwan, Mexico and China.
After class, I came home and packed for my upcoming trip to Busan!
No comments:
Post a Comment