Friday, January 17, 2014

Last Day of Winter Camp and Malaysia Minus 1 Day!

I was so sad that winter camp finished! I had a lot of fun with my students. It really made me love teaching (English). I told my COT that I actually feel like I bonded more with my two groups of students more in the 5 days of camp than with most of my other students in the semester I've been teaching them. We just did some review/wrap up and they filled out an evaluation for me. We cleaned up the classroom and...camp was over! When I left, the students were outside and we walked away from school together. They kept asking me for my phone number (which I did not give them) and kept telling me to contact them when I got married, haha. I tried explaining to them that I'm the English teacher at their school and that I will see them again soon. I got a hug from the girls, so sweet.

After school I went to get some snacks for my upcoming trip. Jacob came over and we went to a restaurant near me for japchae and kimchi cheon. We hung out for a little and then he went to get some errands done before the trip too. I had a little bit of down time and then off to Korean class. Class went well. Some of it I had learned before, but it was made a bit clearer from this class which made me pretty happy.

I got home and finished packing/organizing and now it's off to bed before the next big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment