In the morning I got to skype with my Mom and Martin for a little bit. It was good to chat with them, with their upcoming trip. I then took a bus to meet Jacob in his area. In the morning he had to do a tutoring session. We met briefly at his guesthouse; I gave him his Gotcha Day present, the Pokemon stickers, and then we headed to Myeongdong.
A Panda Express opened in the Lotte Department Store a few months ago and we had never gotten there. Jacob told me for his Gotcha Day, he would either have Chinese or Korean food. Since we eat Korean food almost every day, I figured Panda Express would be a nice treat-especially since it's "American Chinese" food too. It was so nice to see something familiar like Panda Express in a Korean food court. We ordered and took our food to go. Then we walked to Cheonggyecheon so we could have a picnic by the stream. We walked a little, trying to find the best spot, but ended up picking a spot under a large bridge because there was a lot of space. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to sit outside and eat.
After we had lunch, we went to the "Multibang" to play FIFA. I also know Jacob loves playing that video game so we went there. It was kind of fun because some of his college friends are on MLS teams and were players in the game. I lost badly to him (I still can't do it very well!) but it was fun all the same. Even though my thumbs usually hurt after we play too.
We headed back to his place so he could look at his other toys that had arrived. We were both a little full from lunch still so we debated what to do. In the end, we decided to go back to my place and split a donkasu (pork cutlet) at a restaurant Jacob noticed a few months ago. We ordered a cheese donkasu and it was really good. I thought it was ironic that a week ago we also were eating donkasu, except in Japan and that the one in Japan was more expensive, but not as delicious! After dinner, we watched The Hobbit, a movie I'd been wanting to see for almost a year I think. It was great to finally be able to see it. It was a long movie, but I was disappointed when it ended-I wanted to see more! I just have to wait for the third and final movie to come out now.
No comments:
Post a Comment