Monday, October 27, 2014

SAYUL Concert

Work went okay. I was feeling extra tired from soccer yesterday. I slept til my alarm woke me, which was a first with my new phone (about 2 weeks now).

After work, I headed south of the river. One of my Inje friends started an NGO; the goal is to teach and share Korean culture with others. He started out doing a project trying to get "East Sea" added to world maps in 2012. He and 4 other of my good Inje friends traveled across the US and Europe then getting signatures and informing people. Anyway, I went to support him at their first "Thank You Concert". The concert displayed a few traditional and newer cultural pieces for Korea; there was drumming, dancing, instrument playing, taekwondo and singing. My friend, Seok Hyun, came to the lobby to tell people the concert was a little delayed and apologizing to people waiting. When he saw me, he did a double take and got a big smile and came to give me a hug. He said he was surprised I came.

I should say before the concert, I got kimbap for dinner and enjoyed walking around the area. The concert was at a university, so it was nice to see another college area. It took me almost an hour to get there and an hour home.
One groups performance
My friend Seok Hyun thanking everyone for coming
Cool picture in the subway-I was riding in the first car and could see through to the tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment