Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jay!

I had one 5th grade girl walk into class and start to say hello.....and then I heard her ask another girl what my name is. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about it because I don't know her name either. It was kind of funny to me though.

After work, I headed to Gangnam to meet my friend Jay. I met Jay in 2011; he was my seatmate on the plane to Korea (for Inje program). We started talking on the plane and ended up meeting once in Seoul before I went to Gimhae. Over the years, we've kept in touch here and there, though he's been living abroad (Australia). He's recently moved back to Korea now and we decided we should meet up.

For dinner we went to a Thai restaurant. I should also mention, he was working as a chef abroad. I feel a bit intimidated around chefs like that, not the home-style cooking but ones that work in fancy hotels or restaurants--high end chefs. Dinner was really tasty and it was fun chatting and eating. After dinner we went to get tea. He suggested Bubble Tea, but I couldn't have any of it because there is milk in it. I got a regular kind of tea instead. We chatted some more in the cafe. His English is quite good-he has been living in Australia for the last 2 years. He had some interesting stories. Jay said as a chef he worked long hours, maybe 16 in the kitchen and of course on weekends; so that he envies my teaching schedule.

When we parted ways, I decided to do a little shopping in the undergrounds...and I found 2 nice dress shirts and bought them. Then, it was a long ride home-about an hour or so.
Jay and me after dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment