In the morning I went to church in Hannam. I was a little touched because they played Amazing Grace for one of the songs during mass. After church, instead of just the normal muffins, there was also chicken, rice and some other kind of food. The people in "line" for food were quite rowdy and rude. I got pushed around and one man even said "excuse me" and then proceeded to just stand in front of me waiting. All I wanted was a part of a muffin and it took me at least 5 minutes to get it, maybe only a foot or so on the table in front of me. I stood near the door to eat my muffin and a woman came up to me and asked where the nearest subway stop was. I gave directions, but they must have been a bit confusing to her, because she asked if I was going there now. I agreed that I would walk her there. We walked and talked-she is studying in an short-term education program here; she's from Indonesia. I showed her the way to the subway and then I kept walking.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat something in Itaewon or Noksapyeong maybe so I decided to just walk and see if something looked good. I did find a cute dessert place with muffins, cake and other goodies-it's a bit pricey, as most desserts and Itaewon is, but I hope to return with a friend and share one! Anyway, nothing sounded that good to me, but the sun was so nice. I found a bench and sat outside enjoying the sun for a little bit.
I took the subway home and got a few things and went back outside to sit by my stream. I read a little from the book that my mom sent me and just enjoyed the warm fall weather. Although it had clouded up a little bit from earlier, it was still nice. I returned home and relaxed a bit before heading out to soccer. I was going to wait a little bit closer to soccer time, but decided I would go to Homeplus since I was early.
It was a great plan, except that I forgot to bring a cooler and ice pack, so when I wanted to buy some refrigerated goods, like yogurt, I realized it probably wouldn't be wise for those items to sit outside for 2+ hours. The other big thing happening at the World Cup Stadium area was the League of Legends (LOL) World Championship--it's a computer game that's quite popular here. So the area around the stadium and park were really crowded. I headed over to the fields and saw Fredrik; he'd been back home in Norway for about 2 months. Another old face returning was Andy-he got married a few weeks ago and had earlier moved out near Inchon so he wasn't coming to soccer. I was pretty happy with the teams-I enjoy playing with Johan. He always is very encouraging and gives compliments freely. He's probably the most talkative guy on the field. I still also enjoy watching Eirik play. He's so calm when he plays and he moves so gracefully on the field. This week I had a few shots on goal. At the end of playing, Johan said I was the "man of the game", though I'm not sure why. Eirik told him that was sexist and said that I was "the woman of the game".
This week, and next week as well, is the later time slot, 8-10. It's a little tough playing that late and getting home around 10:30. I still showered in the evening and tidied up a bit to prepare for the new work week.
No comments:
Post a Comment