Friday, October 31, 2014

PIZZA!

My four classes seemed to go by very quickly today. At the end of each lesson, I did about 5-10 minutes of information about Halloween. I also promised my students if they came to my office after lunch and said "trick or treat" they could get candy. (But, I was in trouble because I neglected to GET the candy yesterday and this morning...oops) So I confessed to my COTs that I needed to go out and buy candy after we ate lunch. My 4th grade COT, Chloe suggested we go together to buy some, which was nice of her. While walking from the lunch room to my office to get my wallet, we were accosted by students yelling "TRICK OR TREAT! TRICK OR TREAT!" and Chloe teacher told them to wait til I was in my office. We ran out to the convenience store and...oh horrors it was closed for lunch! Luckily there is a small "mart" across the street and we went there. We asked for Chupa Chups (lollipops) and said we needed 100. The guy looked at us so strangely, but luckily in the container there were a bunch of them. We counted them and it was exactly 100! Chloe and I split the cost of the suckers and headed back to school.

There was a long line outside my office of 5th graders ready to say "trick or treat!" The first wave of students came-about 20 of them. The second wave showed up a little bit later, also about 20. Some girls were really creative-they made pumpkin shaped masks and put them over their faces when they said trick or treat. Another few girls brushed their hair in front of their faces to look scary. It was cute. English teacher success.

After work, I met Jacob at Hapjeong Station and we went to HBC again (the area we went to last Friday). This time we went to Bonny's Pizza Pub for...pizza. We ordered two 9 inch pizzas; one was a meat lovers and the other had beef and vegetables on it. All in all, it was pretty good, but not as good as our beloved Pizza Peel, though these could be ordered in different sizes and came with a smaller price tag. The crust was a little bit soggy and the cheese wasn't as good either, but it was still much better than the average Korean pizza you would find.

We left Bonny's Pizza and headed to the far end of Noksapyeong, just where it meets Itaewon to go to a dessert place I saw last Sunday after church, Sugar Daddy. We couldn't resist temptation and ended up sharing TWO pieces of cheesecake-one was an oreo cheesecake and the other pumpkin (feeling festive and Halloween-y). They were both so delicious. Died and gone to heaven.

Feeling full with happy tummies, we returned to my place and watched a movie together.
Two creative 5th graders with pumpkin masks
Delicious pizza
Amazing cheesecakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment