Nothing too special at work today...except we had curry for lunch. I tried a little bit of it so I could pick out the vegetables. Then, at 2pm, we were dismissed for a hiking outing for bonding time. Not a lot of teachers went hiking though.
My group was the principal, 3 other male teachers/staff, one female office worker and my life COT and 6th grade COT. We took a slightly different course than last year when we went hiking, though by the middle we had found the same course and the "descent"/rest of the hike was the same. I think the colors started turning earlier this year because we went in mid-November last year and I think that it looked about the same color-wise. It was coolish (not too warm and not too cold) and sunny, perfect for hiking. We stopped for refreshments every 20 minutes or so, having makgoli (rice wine) and some other kind of alcohol the principal packed along. One teacher also brought some melon.
After the hike, we walked to a traditional Korean restaurant. It too, was the same one we ate at last year. The first course was tofu (homemade or specialty made), followed by bossam (boiled/steamed pork) and the last was a soup that had vegetables and shrimp in it. All in all, it wasn't too bad. I ate a lot of the vegetable sides, but stayed away from the pork and shrimp. When dinner was finished, I walked to a bus stop and headed to downtown for my Korean class.
Class went alright. Next week is already the level test! I'm not sure I'm ready for it. There is another American in the class and after 5 weeks of class (I did miss one though) I finally had the courage to talk to him. He's from around Chicago which is pretty ironic, but he's going back to the US next month to start Grad School. I got home rather quickly, making all of the transfers on time.
 |
| Hiking |
 |
| On the mountain |
 |
| Panorama of Buhkan Mountain |
 |
| Saw these cute faces last year too |
No comments:
Post a Comment