I had to wake up bright and early for the trip to
Chuncheon. We were meeting at 8am at the GOA’L office in Hongdae. I made it a
minute or two early so I got a muffin from a shop in the subway station and
waited for Krystle. She arrived and we walked to the office together. A few
other people arrived and then all of a sudden a halmoni/ajuma street cleaner
came up to our group and started yelling at us. She was angry because we were
standing on the street and were “in the way” of where she wanted to be
sweeping. She spent almost 5 minutes yelling at us, went away for a few minutes
and then came back to yell at us some more. Luckily one of the GOA’L workers
that was Korean was with us and she tried talking with the lady, but she was
very frustrated by the older woman’s attitude. Finally everyone arrived and we
walked to our bus.
We stopped once on the way to Chuncheon and arrived in
about 2 hours or so. We got to the canoeing place a little early and had to
wait for our reservation time. Then we had an “orientation”/training to explain
the canoeing and course. And then, we were off! Krystle and I went together in
a canoe. It was a lot of fun and the weather was actually warmer than I
expected-all that paddling and I got warm in the 3 layers of clothes plus
jacket I was wearing.
When
we finished I had really bad cramps and felt sick. I got some pain meds from
John (my soccer captain-he works for GOA’L) and just took it easy. I was in a
lot of pain though. Everyone ate lunch, but I couldn’t even eat. We finished
lunch and went to the hotel to check in. We had an hour to just relax and I
took a nap. When I woke up I felt a lot better. Our group met up and went to
check out downtown Chuncheon. It was raining, which put a little damper on
everything. We walked to a bowling alley our hotel told us about, except when
we arrived, it wasn’t there. So, we had to take a taxi to another location. We
bowled 2 rounds. The first one we tied! The second one my team won! I also got
one strike. It only cost 8,000W (a little less than $8) to bowl 2 rounds and
rent shoes-nice. After we bowled, we took a taxi back to the area near our
hotel and went in search of a restaurant. We found a Pho place and almost
everyone ordered noodle soup. After dinner we came back to the hotel and
Krystle and I talked until bedtime.
 |
| Canoes |
 |
| Ready to go canoeing! |
 |
| Krystle and the beautiful scenery |
 |
| Alex, Krystle, ? and another adoptee |
 |
| Krystle and me |
No comments:
Post a Comment