Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Aunt Ruth! And Cooking Day

Happy Birthday to my Great Aunt Ruth! It's actually on the 4th, but it was the 4th in the US today. In the morning I was able to skype with my Aunt Ruth, Mike, Grandpa, Martin and Mom. It was really special to me to tallk and see Aunt Ruth.

Today my 6th grade girls loved me, the boys not so much...instead of doing an English song I did a Korean pop song and our task was to translate the song (a few stanzas) into English. The girls almost died when they realized it was their favorite group, INFINITE. Once I asked one class who was they most handsome and they went said 'aaaaaye!!!!' Which is like hey, you're crazy/that's crazy... It was really funny-obviously it was a 'dumb' question! They can't pick just one member! And I had one boy change the lyrics and write PC room (a computer 'store' you can go and play computer games for a little bit of money) and 'my ID'-which was funny and clever but also not really appropriate behavior. I should explain the song--the line was "I'm going to you please wait a little for me" was turned into "I'm going to the PC room" and then "if it's not you I can't go on" was turned into "without my ID I can't go on'.

After school I relaxed a bit and got a few more groceries and then prepared dinner. Jacob and I were going to go out for dinner but since I had bought meat on Sunday I wanted to use it all up. Jacob came over, we ate and then we went for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment