Thursday, November 21, 2013

Art Museum, Min Kyung and Sick



The first thing I noticed when I walked into my classroom was a note on the board: “Amy Teacher—You are cute. From Eric Teacher”. Eric Teacher is the afterschool teacher that uses our English room when we are done for the day. He and I have met a few times (just Tuesdays and Fridays when my schedule goes a little bit longer). Actually he is from Michigan too! Anyway, I laughed when I saw the note because it was obviously written by a student and I could tell that something had been erased after it was written and redone to ‘edit’ it. Anyway, I taught my 5th graders heads up seven up with an educational spin on it. They enjoyed playing the game.

After school I went to City Hall area; I was meeting Min Kyung for dinner. Before I met her, I went to SeMA (the Seoul Museum of Art) because I saw they were having a photography exhibit—I saw a part in this series last winter when I was here. There is a cool-looking Nordic furniture exhibit also going on, but you have to pay money for that so I skipped it. Then I went to meet MK. I had mentioned I wanted some Korean food—soup and she suggested a place near her work. I waited for her to finish working and we walked to the little restaurant. She said in that area, it is a famous restaurant-it was a little hole in the wall place, but cheap and pretty good. She ordered ramen and I ordered ddeok (rice cake) mandu (dumpling) guk (soup). We split our soups and shared.

Then we went to Dunkin Donuts across the street and had a donut and a drink. We chatted and caught up-which is nice because it’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen her. She suggested I take a bus home and we walked to the bus stop together. Her bus arrived before mine and then I took my bus. After riding for a bit, I started to feel a little sick. It got worse and I was trying to hold on til I came to a stop that was near the subway or even make it to my stop. I was 6 stops away and heard the subway station that is near where I go hiking. I got off and tossed my cookies (er, ramen and soup). I took the subway home and went to bed right away. Unfortunately besides getting bus sick the whole travel time took me over an hour and 15 minutes. The subway would have been faster.
Walking around near the art museum and central downtown area
Loving the colors
One of the photos from the exhibit
From the "Nordic Passion" exhibit--like a giant seesaw with wings; moved as you walked across
Namdaemun Gate completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment