This morning I got to skype with my Mom and it was good to talk with her!
I got ready and headed out to check out the Sony store in Apgujeong. I wanted to do some research on the model of camera I like and then order it and have it shipped to my friend's house in the US. When he comes to Korea, I'll have my new camera! So, as soon as I got onto the subway, I realized I left all the papers with my information about directions/store info/bus info at home... Then, I got a message from my translator for the Mentor Program. We were supposed to meet at 3 in a popular area near Apgujeong called Garosugil and she asked if we could push it back to 4. With my schedule I thought maybe 5 would be better and we changed the location to Gangnam.
Well, I followed the map on my phone, but it led me to a completely different location, which I followed perfectly. It was just the opposite direction. I finally found the store. But...they only had 3 point and shoot cameras-the rest was computers or fancy cameras. Of the 3 that were there, only one is even remotely in my price range (thus there was only one that I was even interested in looking at). I then went onto Gangnam to do some shopping and wait for my translator. I bought a pair of plum colored pants and some "heat tech" leggings--it's all the rage; some kind of long underwear that is supposed to keep you extra warm. We'll see.
Anyway, around 4:30 I got a message from my translator cancelling our meeting. So, I headed home and it took me over an hour to get back. I made dinner and waited for Krystle to come over. I also made another batch of apple crisp.
Krystle arrived and we did some research for our Christmas trip. We decided we'd go back to our original plan of Bali. The only problem was a flight that worked out with my work schedule because I still have to go to school on the 24th. Anyway, we had to get different first flights there, but our connecting one is the same. We will arrive at 6:30am Christmas morning in Bali. I'm excited to be going there, but it is sad knowing I won't be at home for Christmas. I can't believe this is the first Christmas I won't be spending with my family. It's really hard to fathom right now.
Krystle left and then I heard a loud noise outside and I realized it was thundering and lightening! It was also pouring like crazy. Such an insane storm out of nowhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment