Friday, November 15, 2013

TGIF!

Whew, what a long week. Do I say that every Friday? I feel like it...

Nothing too exciting happened at school. Same old, same old.

After school I went back to the Jongno shopping place to try and exchange the dress shirt. I had tried it on and it was too big. They left me exchange it so I got a sweater, wool skirt and another long sleeve shirt to layer under my clothes.

Then I went to the Korea Cultural Center to take a placement test for a Korean language class. I had found information on this free program Thursday and saw that the placement test was just the day before. I sent them an email asking if there was any way to sneak in or anything so I didn't have to wait til Dec 27th to take the test/start the program. They replied there was a make-up Friday. So there I went. The building it is in is Mirae Tower. And it is a FANCY building. With really HIGH security. I had to get let in though a kind of gate to the elevators and the person letting me in has a key and that calls a certain elevator (A through E) and they tell you which elevator to get in. I took the test and was placed in level 2A, but the class is currently all full so I have to wait til Jan 3 to start my class. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to start right away. I also have class on Friday nights from 7-9, which will be difficult if I want to travel and...because its til 9pm on a Friday night after working all week.

I left the fancy building and headed home. Jacob came over and I made kimchi fried rice for dinner. He also brought some oats over and I made apple crisp. Yum. Both turned out really tasty. We watched some TV and shared some laughs.
Kimchi fried rice with an egg for the top!
Apple Crisp! Smelled like home...

No comments:

Post a Comment