Saturday, November 2, 2013

Full Day

I met Jacob in Hongdae for brunch. We went to a place called Traveler's Cafe. It was pretty good. I ordered Strawberry and Banana Pancakes with a side order of bacon. They actually made some kind of mistake and brought another side plate of pancakes instead of bacon, haha. So, Jacob said something to the waitress and they fixed it. A little bit later, the chef came out and gave us a Halloween themed sucker they were selling and apologized for making a mistake.

After brunch we went to a mall/department store in the area that he tutors. There were 5 huge buildings, each over 8 floors and all connected to each other. Only the first 2 were all the way full. We went into the other 3 and only 1 or 2 floors had shops/stalls on them; that was a little disappointing. I found a nice red/burgundy colored dress shirt.

When we finished shopping, Jacob contacted his tutor family and they had us over to play with their kids. They are the family I met with Ji in the hospital a few weeks ago. The girls are so adorable. We played some and then they asked if we wanted Korean food or pizza and fried chicken. We said whatever was easier and the dad answered "pizza and fried chicken". So he ran out to get some food and we had dinner with them. After dinner, we played a little bit more and then took off.

I came home and it took me almost an hour and 45 minutes to get from door to door.  Ugh, soo far away--which is sad because Ji lives in that neighborhood too. I watched some more shows on Netflix and got to chat with Jenny a little. I haven't talked to her in a loooong time, so it was good that we got a chance to catch up some. She is really busy with school.
My pancakes!
In the mall...
The middle child
The youngest with her Dad
Jayden, Jacob's student
The littlest again

No comments:

Post a Comment