Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hwa Sun and Jaebin!

Favorite day of the week. Can't beat seeing my 5th graders and having them participate in the activities I prepared for them.

After school it was off to visit Hwa Sun and Jaebin. When I arrived, Jaebin was working with his English tutor. While he was studying Hwa Sun and I did some catching up. I shared some cookies with them and they loved them. Later, her husband returned home and we went to dinner at the Smoky Saloon for a burger. Jaebin got Hwa Sun's old cell phone (she got a new one) and he was busy playing with it all through dinner. His parents got mad at him, but Hwa Sun said if I wasn't there, they would be much more mean about it. We chatted some more when we got back to their house and I played some card game with Jaebin (Hwa Sun and I were pretty sure he was making up the rules as he went!) Jaebin also played the violin for us. He recently won second place in some school contest, which means next year when he enters 4th grade, he automatically gets a spot in the orchestra.

They walked me to the subway and said goodbye. I hope it's not another 3 months til I see them again!
"There is a polar bear in the water". This picture cracked me up--all the students on his team were yelling at him because they couldn't tell what it was! Haha
One of my 5th graders drawing "there is a polar bear in the water"; the opponent's picture
Jaebin playing his violin
My big sis and me

No comments:

Post a Comment