Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving!

I had a bit of a rough start to the morning. I broke a plate as I was putting dishes away and my hot water took a long time to heat up, so then I was running late for my skype date with the fam. The best part of the morning was seeing my Mom, Grandpa and Phil. What a good way to start Thanksgiving. :) I talked with them for as long as I could and ended up going over my time limit a little so I had to run to work and was maybe 1 or 2 minutes late.

My 5th graders were fine, but now I'm a bit wary of them because my co-teacher told me that they are not very good and the 6th graders this year are the best she's had. I only see my 5th graders once a week so they could just be on good behavior when they see me!

It was sooo cold today! I decided I would take a bus to the subway instead of walking. I headed to Hapjeong and met up with Jacob to go to the GOA'L Thanksgiving Dinner. My adoptee friend, Christian cooked the meal. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing (THE BEST), rolls and tortillas (Christian was adopted by a Mexican family). He also made some pumpkin pies that rivaled my Mom's (sorry Mom!!)--though the crust was store bought so, no competition there! It was all so delicious and I was so thankful that I was able to have a 'real' Thanksgiving dinner. This was the 2nd time-in a row- that I've been away for Thanksgiving. Korean's don't know what turkey is or tastes like--no where can I buy turkey, so it was such a treat to have this feast. The only sad thing was-no green bean casserole. Again, green beans don't really exist here so it was difficult to get them and with the budge Christian had it got cut.
Carving the turkey
John and Christian
The spread!
My plate! YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment