The revisions I made to the lesson helped a lot. I had my "worst" class and I was quite worried about how they would do with the activity, but they did really well. Their level of English is relatively high, but their attitude is really bad. Anyway, I thanked them for doing such a good job.
I went to Namdaemun Market after school. At the subway station I ran into my co-teacher. It was a bit ironic because she ducked out a few minutes early and then took a bus to the subway; I left on time and walked and we both arrived around the same time. Anyway, I had to make small-talk with her until I transferred lines. At Namdaemun I got "hoddeok" which is the fried pancake, but instead of the honey/sugar inside, I got one with jap chae noodles, vegetables and cheese. Yum! I found a pair of smartphone gloves, but maybe my phone is too old because it doesn't really work on my phone. Anyway, I got a message from Jacob and he said he was in trouble. A little bit later he updated me--apparently there was a mentally handicapped teenager standing in front of the door to board a car and he didn't move very quickly so an older man started hitting him with his umbrella. Jacob went up to the old man and asked him in Korean to stop. The man hit the teen again and Jacob asked him again to stop. He didn't so Jacob grabbed his umbrella and threw it. Then the old man went to slap Jacob in the face, so Jacob blocked it and at the same time kind of pushed against him so the man fell down. Then the subway security came running down and yelling at them. Jacob told them he didn't speak Korean so they got a translator for him and took them into an office and reviewed the tapes. Nothing happened to Jacob, they just told him to call for the subway security if anything ever happened again. So, Jacob was really upset because of the situation all around. He and I met in Myeongdong and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We got a BBQ chicken pizza and the Cesar salad; it was pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment