Jacob came over so we could skype with my Mom together. We talked for about an hour. Jacob also got to see my baby. :) After talking with my Mom, I took Jacob on a surprise trip around the city. First we went to Myeongdong area so we could go to Quizno's for lunch (one of his favorite sandwich places). Then we walked through Myeongdong and stopped at a Nike store because he wanted to look at some shoes. We continued on to Jongno area and went to a PC room so we could play FIFA (soccer video game). The kind of neat thing is, I found this particular PC room last year because of my friend Mark. He and I met at Kyunghee University (he's also adopted and lived in MI) he called me his little sister. Anyway, one day I was heading to Jongno area for something and ran into him at the subway. We chatted the whole way there and still didn't finish our stories so we kept talking and walked along Cheonggyecheon for awhile. Then he said he was going to a PC room and asked if I wanted to join. I had never really been to one, so I thought I'd check it out. I realized I didn't want to play computer or video games so after I saw it, I told him I'd be off on my own way. So I remembered it was pretty nice inside and thought it would be a nice treat for Jacob.
After FIFA, we went to Dongdaemun to look at the Nike stores there. We are also on the hunt for a tshirt for my friend Ji's birthday. We went into one of the department stores and got Auntie Anne's pretzels. After walking around (it started raining after we finished at the PC room) we decided we'd check out Ewha for dinner and go back to an Italian/Western place we went to once. As soon as we turned down the alley we got concerned because the place looked pretty dark. Bummer. It was closed. So, we walked to Sinchon and were going to get samgypal (bbq pork) but looked at some Italian places along the way. I saw Seogo and Cook, a restaurant chain I went to with my Korean friend Yiseul. I suggested it to Jacob so we went to check it out. I thought we'd look at the menu and decide from there, but he followed the guy to a table. I asked why and he said it smelled so good he decided we'd eat there. We ordered a chicken and mushroom cream pasta. Yum! After dinner we went to Hapjeong and on to the...Nike store again. Jacob finally bought the pair of shoes. We split there and I came back to watch a movie before going to bed.
 |
| Finally, Quiznos! |
 |
| Finally FIFA! |
 |
| Delicious dinner! |
No comments:
Post a Comment