Work went okay. Nothing too special. Today is Pepero Day. A kind of made up holiday because there are Korean snacks that are long thin sticks. They look like the number one. So, for Nov. 11 (11/11) friends give each other Pepero.
Afterwards, I met Jacob in a subway station and we went on a Pokemon hunt for him. Since the store was closed on Sunday, we tried again. We lucked out because the store was just about to close when we found the little stall. She had many figurines crammed into a tiny space. Jacob looked through and found 3 that he wanted to buy.
We went on to the building where I have class for dinner. We tried Patty Patty, a burger place we'd noticed before. It was pretty good. We ordered a set meal with fries and a drink-normally burgers in Korea are stand alone and fries are extra. Jacob gave me two boxes of the cookies and cream Pepero and I got him one box of the same kind!
We finished dinner and then went to Cheonggyecheon to look at the lanterns for the festival. This year, it seemed much more crowded. There were times we had to stop and wait because the path narrowed and people couldn't get through-we definitely didn't experience that last year. It was also almost impossible to get any pictures together there either. We also both agreed that the lanterns weren't as nice this year and there weren't as many. Kind of a bummer.
The evening wasn't as cold as I was expecting which was nice. When we finished going up and down the stream, we took the subway back to our places. I hopped off and took the bus the rest of the way.
 |
| Fish lanterns |
 |
| I liked the pandas |
 |
| Cute polar bear |
 |
| One of my favorites-Gyeongbok Palace |
 |
| At the start of the stream |
No comments:
Post a Comment