Friday, November 28, 2014

불금 "Hot Friday"

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but my sub wasn't here today. Instead, the two 5th grade homeroom teachers came to class with their students and sat in the back of the class. It was a little bit...intimidating and awkward for me, but it wasn't too bad. I'm just curious what happened to the sub!

After work, I went to the post office and mailed off a Christmas package! Then it was on to Gangnam area to meet Hee Eun. We decided to go to an event "Friends in Korea"; kind of like a social meet-up for foreigners and Koreans here. First we did grab dinner at a kind of Japanese place for a light meal. There was extra time to kill so we went to a cafe and chatted. Then we headed to the venue for the event. It was alright. We sat at tables, 5-6 per table. First Hee Eun and I were joined by a Japanese guy and a Chinese-Korean. Later a Polish man with dual citizenship to the US also talked with us. He was an interesting character. Finally they all left and we were joined by a shy and innocent 20 year old student who is in military service. He was cute, like a little brother type. He wanted to practice his English so we talked with him. Like others, he said I talked a little bit too fast so I had to watch my pace. I headed home and it took almost an hour. Whew, such a long ride.

I did my packing and headed to bed eager for my weekend trip!
So thankful for Hee Eun!

No comments:

Post a Comment