I came home and started my chili. I turned it low and let it simmer. Then, I went out for my run. The weather was quite nice. Halfway through my run, Hee Eun called me to check where to go when she arrived. I finished my run in even less time than last week. I am almost down to my 3 mile time from high school! And like I've mentioned, I'm really starting to enjoy it. I felt so strong and healthy-very blessed. When I finished my run I had plenty of time to cool down and stretch while I waited for Hee Eun to arrive. I figured it would be easiest to just meet her at the station since I was already out instead of trying to explain directions to my place.
We met and walked back. The chili smelled really good. I started the rice and after about 15 minutes we were ready to eat. I think the chili was a little bit bland, even though I added lots of chili powder and cumin. The reason could be because I've put chili peppers in the other times, though I'm not sure. I also used stewed tomatoes with no salt added, so that could have been part of it as well. We made a kind of chili "salad" with the rice, Doritos and cheese. After dinner, I also baked some cookies. Yum, do I love those cookies. Good thing I only have a small oven and limited ingredients or I could really go overboard eating them.
The rest of the evening we sat and chatted. Hee Eun had suggested getting coffee but I offered powdered coffee that I had. We did that and stayed in which was nice and saved us some money.
![]() |
| Chili with doritos! |

No comments:
Post a Comment