Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pretty Normal Sunday

In the morning I thought I would sleep as soundly as I had the previous day, but unfortunately I was up early. I got ready and headed out to church. I lucked out this week and was able to hop a bus to church instead of the 10 minute walk.

At church, I saw the wish list of Christmas items for some children in need in Korea. It nearly broke my heart because the majority of the children were asking for jackets, shoes, and winter clothes rather than toys or anything else. I sent my mom a message regarding this and she told me to take a few children and we would get jackets for them. After mass, I took 4 names and the woman in charge was very surprised.

I was starting to walk to the subway when I got a message from my Mom saying they were available to skype with me. So I found a bench, sat down and called Phil. I was able to talk to Phil, Kristin, Grandpa and mom for about 40 minutes. It was pretty neat. They liked that I was out on the street rather than in my room.

I took the subway home when we finished talking. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I've been able to watch some popular western tv shows through a Korean website that has Korean subtitles. Now, I decided I would try it on my phone...and I have turned into a regular Korean. My 30 min+ commutes aren't so bad anymore because I can watch TV! Amazing! What is even more amazing is my phone has the battery power to support that.

When I returned home I had a snack and did some more travel research. A little bit later my friend Mike called me and we talked about our upcoming trip to Hong Kong for New Years Eve! I'm super excited for it!

We finished chatting and I took off for soccer. I walked there-the weather was not too bad. I arrived a little late for soccer; the high school boys had a team of 5 and there were 8 of us. After another 10 minutes or so, we had two more guys trickle in so we were able to play three teams of 5, but then we decided to make it 6 so some people played on two teams. Anyway, it was fun and I even tried playing more offense than normal. I had a few shots on goal, but it's been awhile since I've scored.

I had almost considered walking home because the evening was so nice, and I ducked out a few minutes early (my team finished our round and there wouldn't have been enough time for another game), but I figured a 9 minute subway ride home beats a 40 minute walk. I got home and was all set to hop in the shower when one of my friends messaged me and we started chatting for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment