The Korean high school students took their SAT test this morning. Because of it, flights are delayed and everyone goes in to work late. It's wonderful. Normally I have to be at school by 8:40. Today, my first period started at 9:40. I slept as late as I could, and actually stayed asleep until my alarm. (Thank goodness construction noise is FINALLY dying down!)
I got to work and met with my sub. The schedule was a little bit condensed because of the late start (40 min) so there were no breaks during the morning time to compensate. It was a little challenging. Then, during the 3rd period, my life COT comes in and pulls me out of the room with no real explanation until we're out in the hall. A few weeks ago they took some pictures for the 6th graders yearbook. Turns out my photo got lost. Bleh. So I needed to have my picture taken again. It's a bit unfortunate because I remember planning my outfit for the photo last time but not being as prepared this time since I wasn't aware of it.
I returned to my class and the sub asked me why I ran out of the room.
After school I went for a run. It was a cold, cold day. The SAT day is historically a very cold day and today was no different. I layered up (I think it was 6 or 7) and headed out. I again found myself enjoying my run. I arrived a little bit sooner than I expected (Jacob and I were meeting up) and waited in an ATM lobby for Jacob.
The best part about meeting up with Jacob was that he gave me my winter jacket. He had taken that along with the towels and washed it. It was perfect because I didn't have to wear it on my run, but was able to be dressed warmly when I finished. I took him to a Korean restaurant I went to last fall because I remembered they had a really big donkasu (pork cutlet) dish and he really likes it. I ordered the jjimdak rice plate (steamed chicken) and it was good-a giant plate of food! After dinner, we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, yes, even though it was so cold we still ate ice cream. I had seen an ad for a new flavor and wanted to try it out. It was kind of a tira misu and almond with chocolate ribbon in it. Yum.
We returned to his guesthouse to warm up a little and I got my bag of towels before taking the bus back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment