Sundays have begun to have a new pattern to them. I woke up early (I'm not sure why) and couldn't fall back asleep. I got ready for church and then skyped with Mom, Grandpa and Martin before I had to go. It was great seeing all of them. Mom also held up my 4 leggie, so I got to see my Toby baby for a little bit too.
Church was pretty good. I was touched because they sang Prayer of Saint Francis. It always makes me think of Dad and my friend Molly.
After church, I walked to HBC and went to Casablanca for a sandwich. I ordered the lamb chili this time and also got a sandwich for Jacob. I took my sandwich and went to Namsan again. This time though, I went a different route-it required a little bit more walking at first, but I was in a better area, and when I left, I realized I had stumbled upon the edge of Namsan Park. While I was walking, an older Korean man stopped me and started talking to me. I couldn't understand much of what he said (sometimes it's harder for me to understand older people's Korean) and told him I couldn't speak Korean. He switched to broken English, asking me to take a photo with his phone. I asked if he wanted to be in the picture, but he said he just wanted a picture of the walkway (with the golden ginkgo trees). After I took the picture, he said things like "thank you", "nice to meet you", and "happy new year" while bowing at me.
I headed home for a short break and to layer up for soccer. It was sunny, but windy which made it seem much cooler. It wasn't as warm as yesterday was. I headed to soccer early so I could go get some groceries at HomePlus. Koreans are crazy about the free samples in the grocery store and it makes me a little irritated sometimes. Some of them will stand in front of the little cart just taking their toothpick and loading it up taking two, three, or even four servings all at once. Or stand there and continue eating. They also shove and push so they can get a sample. It's ridiculous.
I finished getting my groceries and met up with Jacob and we walked to the field together. The high school boys showed up, which was good in a way I suppose because we only had about 6 of us show up (Eirik brought 2 friends, but they didn't really want to play). I was surprised how warm I got running around playing and ended up taking off a layer. It only felt cold when I would go in goal and only stand instead of getting to run around. After soccer Jacob was sweet and rode the subway part of the way with me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment