Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Korean Class.

Today I taught solo. There was no substitute for my 4th grade (and two 5th grade classes) coteacher. In addition, the computer wasn't working in the ER so I had to go to their homerooms. It wasn't so bad, except that the students had missed a day of English class so going from the listening activity I made for them last week, to doing reading/writing today, was a bit of a jump for some of them.

The nice surprise was that we were dismissed at 2pm! I didn't have any big plans, and I had already told a friend in the US we could talk. So, when I got home we chatted and talked for almost 2 hours! It was good to catch up with her. I made some leftovers for a quick dinner before heading downtown.

I was on the hunt for a birthday present for my friends' one year old. I'll be going to her birthday party next weekend. I thought a book would be a nice present from a teacher. :) I went to the bookstore and was looking at things. I found some books that had CDs with them-in English or Korean. My first inclination was to grab an English one. But then I remembered they are moving to Australia in a few months. Baby Jimin will grow up learning English and the Korean will be harder to keep with her. I decided a better choice would be a Korean book and songs for her instead.

I then went looking for a pair of black flats. I need some comfortable, dressier shoes. I found a pair that have a bow on the tops of them. Not sure how I feel about the bow-definitely Korean style. The fit is a little tight around the toes, but loose in the heel. The woman gave some inserts to help make it fit a little better. Not 100% comfortable in the moment, but hopefully they will get broken in a bit and become favorite shoes soon.

Next, to Korean class. I guess it wasn't too bad. I sent a message to my 언니 (older sister) to check about the grammar point because I wasn't exactly sure. Still hoping to be able to meet with her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment