I had my first class with my 4th graders. Then second period started and after about 5 minutes, the students still hadn't showed up. The sub went to go check with their homeroom teacher and found out the 4th graders were having a big test. Second and third period were off for me then! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving gift! Instead, I returned to my office and got to skype a little bit with my mom and work.
After work, I headed to Itaewon to Left Coast Burgers for my Thanksgiving buffet! I was feeling a little down because I would be eating dinner alone, but still hopeful I could meet someone or just continue practicing thankfulness and reflect alone. As it turned out, when I sat down, my table was next to an older American couple. They asked if I was alone and when I said yes, they invited me to join them. I was so thankful it brought tears to my eyes. We chatted a little and then went to get our first plate of food. There were rolls, pumpkin bread, corn bread, mashed potatoes, stuffing, creamed corn, creamed spinach, salad, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, turkey and ham. It was all so very delicious! I had 2 plates of food in order to try everything. At the end, there were pumpkin pie bars and apple crisp. It was nice to chat with Stacy and Steve and it was so very kind of them to reach out to me. They ended up leaving before I did, and Stacy gave me a hug. I told them I really appreciated them telling me to join them. I sat a little bit longer (and might have gotten some more dessert); the owner asked me how I was doing/if everything was good and I noticed she used my name. Of course there was a name card and I had made a reservation, but I did think it was a little strange. When I finally left to go pay, the owner told me that Steve and Stacy had taken care of my bill! I was so shocked and surprised; very grateful.
I took the subway home and wasn't looking where I was going and got on going the wrong way. Which is ironic because Stacy had told a similar story at dinner. I rode the subway for about 1 or 2 stops before I noticed the doors weren't opening on the sides I was expecting them to. I decided I would go until the transfer station (another 3 stops) so I didn't have to pay two fares. The good thing about the longer ride is that I was able to finish the TV show I was watching.
When I returned home, I was still feeling so full! I got ready for my weekend trip to Gimhae and was about to go to bed when my friend Sarah told me she was around to skype. We chatted for about half an hour and it was really good talking with her. I couldn't help it, but after we finished talking, instead of going to bed, I did some research on hotels for Hong Kong for another 30 minutes or so.
![]() |
| My seating reserved for me |
![]() |
| Buffet line (a bit blurry) |
![]() |
| First plate! |
![]() |
| Second plate-so yummy! |




No comments:
Post a Comment