Saturday, November 8, 2014

Still Remembering Dad

I met up with Jacob and we traveled to Gangnam together. GOA'L was having a benefit concert and Jacob had to help set up and work as stage crew. He needed to go in quite early to work. It took a little over an hour to get there. We found a Pho restaurant to eat at for lunch and then he went to help. I went to Seullung, a kind of park that I went to with Katie in September. It's right in the middle of Gangnam, a busy financial district so its kind of surprising. There are a few big hills and lots of trees. It's a UNESCO world heritage site and there is a King and Queen buried there too. Anyway, it was chilly but sunny and a good afternoon for a light hike. I found a bench in a sunny spot and sat for a bit there. I knew Dad would enjoy a light hike and would have loved the fall colors at the park.

As it got closer to 6, I headed back towards the concert venue. I stopped at COEX, an underground mall and an adjoining mall-which was upscale and way out of my budget. COEX has been under construction for awhile and is still being worked on. There were just one or two stores near the entrance that were open.

I then went to the venue to get my ticket. Jacob was in the lobby so he told another worker there to give me his seat ticket (in the VIP section) because he wouldn't be sitting at all. I had a front and almost center seat which was nice. Before the concert started, I met my friend John's sister who was visiting from Hawaii.

The concert was pretty nice. There were a few guitar pieces, violin and guitar, guitar and vocal, string quartet, and traditional Korean instruments. At the end, all of the performers joined together and played Arirang together which was beautifully arranged.

I was able to travel back to Hongdae with Jacob and the other mentors and Nic, in the van that had the chairs. But, because there were chairs in it too, it was cramped quarters. When we returned to Hongdae, we took the chairs up to the office on the 5th floor. Jacob and I walked back and he dropped me off at the bus stop.
Chipmunk in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment