Saturday, November 22, 2014

Skype and Jenna

This morning I got to skype with Mom and Grandpa. It was great to talk with them. Toby also made an appearance. The other impressive thing was that I slept until almost 10am, waking only for my alarm to notify me of my up coming skype date!

After chatting, I relaxed and did some research for upcoming trips I have planned. Then I went to go meet Jenna near City Hall. I arrived before her and waited a little bit outside, but it was nice to take in all of the bustling of the downtown area. She arrived with her friend Kent, from Zambia. We went Jenna's choir practice. I forget the name of it, but it comes from Puritan or Quaker times? Where they would take the notes and changed them into symbols and the symbols and different name to them (sol, fa, la, me) and then you sang the name to it. It was a little bit of work trying to remember the name of the symbol and sing, but it was nice to try something different. There were about 10 of us participating.

We finished singing around 5. Kent, Jenna and I decided to get dinner together. I'm not sure how we picked it, but we chose to head to Noksapyeong. We took a bus there and I chatted more with Kent. When we arrived to Noksapyeong, we just kind of walked around, and I tried not to be too forceful with places I was familiar with, just offer suggestions of restaurants I knew or had heard of. We passed Tucan, a Jamaican restaurant that I tried to go to but it was closed on that day. Several of my friends had been there and talked about it. So, I suggested it and Jenna agreed she would like to try it. We ordered the half and half; Jamaican Jerk and Orange Chicken. We ordered a side of rice and it also came with homemade potato chips. It was pretty good, but the rice was a bit dry. After we finished eating, we were looking at the short menu and Jenna said it would be nice to try some of the juices. Kent said, "why not?" and we ordered 3 naranja con leche. I was a little worried because I figured there would be milk in the drink, but my stomach did not hurt at all after. The restaurant was quite busy and lots of people coming in and out of the small place. The door didn't shut properly so unfortunately were were chilled out a little.

When we finished our drinks, we took a walk to Itaewon. Kent was supposed to meet a friend there so Jenna and I joked that we would escort him safely there. We got to Itaewon only to find out his friend was somewhere between Noksapyeong and Itaewon, where we had just come from. He was annoyed and decided he would ditch the friend and stay with Jenna and me. We went to Starbucks and got some warm drinks and chatted for a few hours there. It was nice to get out and meet a friend and make a new friend.
Good chicken and homemade potato chips!
The drink!
Outside an animal hospital. Poop bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment