Friday, November 21, 2014

Hee Eun!

Work went alright. I was a little worried about how the 5th graders would do with just me, but we survived alright.

After work I was reunited with an old Inje friend, Hee Eun. She has lived quite an interesting life in her 25 years. She quit her job as a stewardess for Qatar Airlines and just moved to Seoul to find a job. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years!

We met in Hongdae and walked around looking for somewhere to eat. I told her I knew many places and if she named a type of food, I knew where to go. We picked BBQ and so of course I went to my tried and true, Bonga. She said it was kind of a famous place, the chef/owner is a man in his 60s married to some famous actress/model in her 30s! It was kind of neat to learn more about a favorite restaurant of mine. We ordered the meat and grilled and chatted.

After dinner, we both wanted dessert. We started walking and I was going to take her to Billy Angel, where I went with Sumi for our last meeting. But then I asked if she liked red velvet. When she said yes, I knew I would take her to Cafe 8 1/2. Gotta stick with the little local private place! It was also nice because it was a little bit of a walk so we could digest dinner and get some exercise. We ordered and shared a slice of the cake and chatted some more. When we finished dessert, we wandered around Hongdae and did some window shopping. I took the bus home so I didn't have to walk as much.
It was great catching up with Hee Eun and yummy red velvet to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment